Tuesday, December 4, 2007

FRED '08

I wanna give a shout out to my boy Fred Thompson for engaging in Social media during his campaign. He, or rather people who work for him, have redone his website in the past few months to make it more socially friendly. There are a lot more options now and you can become a friend of Fred by signing up.

Options include:
  • Helping you write letters to the media to let them know about Fred Thompson.
  • You can upload your “support photos”.
  • See videos and photos concerning his campaign.
  • Read articles and press releases related to Fred.
  • Tell Friends about Fred.
  • Read blog posts from various people that have posted them to Fred’s site, where you can comment and give your two cents worth.
  • Also buy campaign merchandise.

This is a great way to get the younger population a little more involved in the political process of our country. I know the younger generation has the smallest voter turnout which people are trying to change, for example Rock the Vote.

Ok, so I am not a Republican and I know I called him by boy, but he is just so nice to see interviewed. He is like that nice Uncle who brings you weird gifts at Christmas time. And he has a cool website. I know Howard Dean was a big user of the internet during his campaign in 2004, I am just glad to see others jump up and get into Social Media.

No comments: