Tuesday, December 4, 2007

5 rules for Social Media Optimization

So if you even use the internet a little bit, whether you have a website of your own or not, you have probably heard of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This is the process of improving the flow of traffic to your website during internet searches. Well, I just read an article by Rohit Bhargava who lists 5 rules for Social Media Optimization (SMO). He states that these SMO rules “implement changes to optimize a site so that it is more easily linked to, more highly visible in social media searches on custom search engines (such as Technorati), and more frequently included in relevant posts on blogs, podcasts and vlogs.” (In case you didn’t know, because I didn’t, vlogs are video-blogs. Cool huh!?!)

Now, I don’t want to copy his rules to my blog so I suggest you go check them out. Interesting thing is, other readers of his have commented below with their own rules annnnd then translated all of them into different languages. OMG! I love the blogosphere. . . anything is possible! But seriously, go check out this blog.

No comments: